Welcome to the CrossFit McAlester Newsletter, where we bring the local box news to you. Just click on a link and be directed to cool information that’s sure to tickle your head brains. It’s kind of like the Skimm email, but about our gym, our events, and many CrossFit tips….no politics, celebrities, or birthday reminders of everyone on earth.
This will be just a quick way to give our athletes a few messages for the week about events, lifting tips, motivation, and other treats your can browse over in a few minutes or so. Better than Pokemon Go when you got a few minutes to burn. And just like that lady caught in a tree trying to catch a Pokemon….don’t get yourself in a sticky situation and read this newsletter while driving…or sitting next to a Vegan…..or a Zumba Instructor.
What’s better than the HUNGER GAMES…..
– CROSSFIT GAMES PARTY TONIGHT! Yes they have started and you can stream live here! Due to the interest of watching other amazing human spectacles do super human things resulting in YOU wanting to do more super human things, we will cancel the 6:30 class tonight, July 22, and everyone is invited to Tim and Sheila’s House for a Potluck (Bring any side dish) to watch the games! Party starts at 7 p.m.
Coach Grilliot and Auld were on TV! And a man in a wig.
– This week the paper challenge headed by Auld Family Dentistry for making McAlester more awesome than it already was. Our folks are donating paper too and coach Proe and Carney are going to punish themselves with a muscle up for each ream donated. Those attending evening class Aug. 3 will be able to deliver/walk all the paper to old McAlester building, take a beautifully sweaty pic, and then watch Proe and Carney suffer through the MU’s. Now the Buff students will be able to do finish their assignments…or start a small fire.
AND NOW, WALK WITH ME TO OUR COACHES CORNER FOR SOME INJURY PREVENTION.
GET a GRIP
– You’re over bar, you bend over, you start to grip the bar for a dead lift, and you start a musical chairs of over and under hand gripping and nothing feels right. If this is you, then read this to help you settle on one or the other with an enlightening argument on why you should stop using mixed grip.
Look up pic of Kip Dynamite…..Now read next line. Kip Dynamite can’t do a Kip, but you soon will.
– For many of our athletes young and old, kipping is like a friend you have a super bromance/girl crush on, or it’s a stupid thing that people do to make you feel bad because you can’t do it. Either way, it’s a movement that is milestone tough for many CrossFitters. This article about basic kipping positions is a perfect read.
MEAT, VEG, NUTS, SEEDS, SOME FRUIT, LITTLE STARCH, AND NOOOOOOOOOOO SUGAR!
– On the nutrition front, this link is a story about a youtube video titled The Bitter Truth that shines a light on the effects of SUGAR! Click on either links to watch the video on sugar or read the article.
Train for the unknown and the unknowable.